This is a great recipe for a cold day, especially if you want to get some serious veggies in!
1 lb lean ground beef
1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup diced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon dried marjoram
black pepper, to taste
8 ounce can tomato sauce
15 ounce can of diced tomatoes
1/4 cup of water
1/2 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
1 cup less sodium beef broth
1 medium head cabbage, cored and chopped
- Heat Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat.
- Spray with oil and add beef & salt and brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, marjoram & pepper and stir.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, water, beef broth and paprika.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat 25 minutes.
- Add chopped cabbage, cover and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice.